Backpack Safety For Kids – Tips and Guide
Here are are four simple steps to help you select a backpack that is best fit for your child and Backpack Safety For Kids tips on how it should be worn:
Tips on Backpack Safety For Kids
- Look for a backpack that is the right size and distributes weight evenly on the back. Avoid “messenger bag” style book bags.
- The maximum weight that should be carried on the back is 15% of the person’s body weight. If one has to lean when carrying a backpack, it is too heavy.
- Heavy objects such as backpacks should be picked up by:
- Bending the knees,
- Pulling the object close to the body,
- Standing while holding the object with both hands.
- Always use both shoulder straps and maintain the backpack comfortably on the back, not loose. The backpack should sit above the waist and be centered on the back.
Suffering From Back Pain?
If your child is suffering from back pain: assess his/her activities and look for anything that may be straining his/her back and address the source of the problem with your child. If the pain persists, it is important to seek a professional evaluation to assure that if any medical conditions exist are treated as soon as possible. Chiropractic care is an effective and natural approach to treat your child for back pain without medication or surgery.
La Clinica SC works with most insurance plans, accident liens, Illinois Workers’ Compensation , Credit Cards, Checks, and Cash. The first consultation is free.