Head & Neck Pain
We can help with diagnosis diagnosing neck pain and head injuries. Neck pain and head injuries are common. Many times, these may go away on their own. If you have been injured in a car accident or on the job, and your neck pain and head injuries are serious please come in right away four a complementary Injury screening. The staff at La Clínica will help you with this today. Your head and your neck are home to some of the hardest working joints, muscles, and ligaments in your entire body.
Providing Head and Neck Pain Treatment in Chicago and Surrounding Areas
Your head and your neck are home to some of the hardest working joints, muscles, and ligaments in your entire body. A head or neck problem, due to disease or injury, can cause other major problems if not treated soon.
Our physical therapy and rehabilitation services help heal injuries and strengthen the muscle, bone, ligaments, tendons, and joints. This can include active physical therapy, passive, or both. We also offer diagnostic testing, pain management services, and orthopedic surgery.
Head and neck pain can have a variety of causes. Some of these causes are harmless. Some point to a more serious condition, injury, or disease. This is why it is important to talk to a professional about your head or neck pain if:
- You have recently been in an accident, on the road or at work
- You have recently had a sports injury that involved your back, head, or neck (such as a tackle in football)
- Your neck pain or head pain last more than a few days
- You are finding it difficult to concentrate or form words
- Your head or neck pain suddenly gets much worse
If you are in doubt, come to La Clínica. We can do an initial free consultation. It is better to check and find that it is not serious, then not to check and have something get worse.
Head and neck pain can be the result of an injury or a symptom of a disease. They are also common if you sit or stand for long hours without appropriate posture.
Some of the more common causes of head and neck pain include:
- Muscle strain
- Tension Headache
- Auto accident (whiplash, strain, fracture, or concussion)
- Sports injury
- Slip and fall
- Herniated disc (spinal injury)
Automobile Accidents often time cause injuries that develop pain hours or days after the initial occurrence.
We know that neck pain can be uncomfortable, hinder productivity and cause sleep disturbance. Above all, we understand that neck pain can interfere with your everyday activities and reduce your quality of life. Whether the neck pain is caused by sports-related injuries, auto injuries, work injuries, peripheral nerve injuries, or spinal deformity, we have the latest technology, highly-trained and experienced team, tools, and expertise to manage and treat neck pain. Our specialists will start a comprehensive evaluation to determine the cause of your neck pain. After that, we will develop a personalized program to help you overcome the issue.
Patients choose La Clinica for neck pain treatment, including:
- Board-certified therapists and doctors
- State-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- Conveniently Located
- Advanced technologies
- Friendly and professional team
Our board-certified physical therapists, occupational therapists, physiatrists, neurosurgeons, exercise physiologists, orthopedic surgeons, and psychiatrists will work together to determine the most suitable neck pain treatment plan for you. Your personalized neck pain treatment may include:
- Pain management techniques
- Stress programs
- Movement retraining
- Exercise programs to enhance flexibility, increase endurance, improve mobility, and increase muscle strength
- Ergonomic assessments
- Vocational counseling
- Shockwave therapy
- Regenerative medicine
- Steroid injections
- Nutritional counseling
- Cervical disc arthroplasty
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
Head and Neck Pain
Chicago and its suburbs, like any other major metropolitan area, have their fair share of head and neck pain as people work, play, and travel and unfortunately, get injured.
And when the weather gets cold, people tend to tense their neck and shoulders, which can make head and neck pain that much more obvious.
For this reason, La Clínica looks to hire the best physical therapy chicago for neck pain and related problems. Our head and neck pain specialists can help you manage your pain and treat the underlying cause.
Head and Neck pain stats:
- Two of the four most common kinds of pain in the U.S. are headache (16%) and neck pain (15%).
- Roughly 70 of the population will experience neck pain some time in their lives.
- Nearly half of all people who have neck pain experience will re-experience it frequently.
- 5% of neck pain sufferers will become disabled as a result, unable to work or function normally.