What is Work Conditioning?
Work conditioning is a program intended to return the injured worker back to full-duty work. Our goal is 100% return to work. Our clinician will design a program based on the patient's work demands to return the patient safely back to his/her normal duties. Programs are usually between 4-6 weeks and are sometimes performed daily under our professional supervision for 4 hours a day. Frequent evaluations are provided in the interim in order to assess the patient's progress through the program.
Benefits of Work Hardening Physical Therapy Treatment
- Work Conditioning provides a daily program that gets the injured worker “out of the house” and more focused on a daily program of work
- This treatment supports a positive relationship with the employer as the worker takes an active role in the return to work process.
- Work Conditioning accelerates the physical recovery while diminishing the potential for chronic disability.
- It facilitates an earlier, safer return to work
- Work Conditioning can limit the financial loss associated with the inability to work.